Find instant comfort for your meditation practice by wrapping yourself in the unbelievably soft and inviting warmth of this unique yak wool shawl. The yak is one of the main herd animals on the Tibetan plateau. Yaks have a long, fine wool that keeps them protected from the harsh Himalayan weather conditions. The yak fibre is sourced directly from Tibetan nomads then hand spun and hand woven by artisans in Nepal. This gorgeous shawl is made from only the beautiful, natural, un-dyed fibres of the yak: light natural brown (an oatmeal colour) with a band of dark brown on each end. So soft and naturally beautiful, you will want to have this with you for every single meditation, and maybe all day.
These one of a kind pieces have been made specially for HUM by Noble Fibre Inc., a social benefit enterprise that supports nomads, artisans and their communities on the Tibetan Plateau and in Nepal, to help increase their resources and sustain local traditions.
80% yak wool, 20% organic cotton, 28" x 76"
- Handmade in Nepal with Tibetan cashmere
- 80% yak wool, 20% organic cotton
- Generous dimensions, 28” x 76”
- Every item is unique. There may be slight variations in color and texture which are inherent with handmade techniques.
- No animals are harmed during the harvest of yak wool fibres. Yak naturally shed their wool coats in the spring, and the fibre is collected at this time using combs, brushes and shears. It does not hurt the animal in any way, in fact it's a comfort for them to be relieved of their winter coat.
CARING FOR YOUR SHAWL
Hand wash and air dry. Or dry clean.
Each HUM product is designed to inspire you and elevate your practice. We put our heart and soul into making sure you will love it, but we give you 30 days make sure.