The patented Urban Poling ACTIVATOR® Walking Poles are designed for balance and taking more pressure off your back and lower joints while walking. For use indoors as well as outdoors. Most commonly used for: pre/post hip & knee replacement surgery, various conditions that impact your balance, varying levels of rehabilitation programs, and much more!
The Urban Poling ACTIVATOR® Walking Poles have been recommended by leading surgeons, physicians and therapists, and were designed by an occupational therapist & gerontologist specifically for rehab and long-term conditions. This unique patented design enhances strengthening, stability and off-loading with your safety in mind.
Recommended by leading surgeons, physicians and therapists, our evidence-based Activator® Poles were designed by an occupational therapist & gerontologist specifically for rehab and long-term conditions. This unique patented design enhances strengthening, stability and off-loading with your safety in mind.
Activator® Poles may be beneficial for pre/post hip knee surgery (upon assessment of a rehab professional), soft tissue injuries, Parkinson’s, Stroke, MS, chronic pain, cancer rehab, spinal conditions and older adults.* There are currently 20 independent studies on the Activator® Poles at Hospitals and Universities in Canada and the renowned Royal Orthopedic Hospital in London, UK.
• Button locking system for greater weight-bearing capacity
• Maximum user weight 250 lbs (114 kg)
• Weight bearing per pole 200 lbs (90 kg)
• Patented ergonomic Coregrip™ designed for core strengthening, balance and off loading while reducing strain on wrist
• Bell shaped tip for stability
• Wide ledge instead of a strap to reduce the risk of injury
• 3 anti-vibration features to minimize stress on joints
• Adjustable to user heights to 6′
• 2-section collapsible poles for travel
• Includes a user guide and online video instruction on the activator technique
*if you have any of these conditions, consult your physician or therapist prior to use the activator poles or if you are currently use or have been recommended to use other devices for walking.
Maximum user weight: Activator® Poles is 250 lb/114 kg.